Published 27 October 2017
Your blog is an amazing tool that has the power to transform the way you interact with your customers. It’s not just a place to let them know that you’ve recently launched an incredible new product or service. Instead, your blog should be a platform for communication with your customers.
Used correctly, it can bring in new customers who are interested in the products and services your business can offer, provide information that will help nurture those leads, and potentially even close the sale–all before you even interact with a customer.
Walking Through The Sales Funnel
Today’s customers don’t want to have to wait on a salesperson to tell them what they need. They want to discover it themselves! Customers often walk through the sales process on their own before they ever come near a salesperson. They want information about the products and services you’re offering, but they’re worried that a salesperson will be pushy or try to convince them to buy things that they really don’t want. Your blog is your opportunity to walk through that sales funnel with your customer. Ideally, you should:
- Provide blog posts for each step in the process, allowing customers to find the information they need to keep moving forward.
- Offer the chance for customers to connect with you when needed.
- Create gated content that customers are willing to “pay” for by providing you with their email address or other contact information, letting you track leads and supply them with more information.
Incredible Customer Service
Just like customers don’t want to connect with salespeople during the buying process, when they have questions or concerns, they don’t want to sit on hold to talk to a customer service representative. You’ve already streamlined your returns process and your customer service options to allow for that need, but do you realise that your blog can also be an incredible source of customer service for your customers? Your blog can:
- Provide customers with more information about things that are of interest to them–not just your products, but also other information that they’ll find interesting.
- Supply the answers to frequently asked questions about your products.
- Take customers beyond your products and services, offering tips on how they can utilize them to the fullest.
- Troubleshoot common problems suffered by your customers and offer them solutions.
A great blog filled with incredible content will help raise your customers’ opinion of your business and let them know that you genuinely care about them. It’s not about your products; rather, it’s about recognising customers’ pain points and doing your best to offer solutions.
Ultimately, the power of lead generation in your blog comes down to one key factor: SEO. Your website can’t contain every keyword in your industry on its own. You can stuff every page full of keywords and still struggle to raise your search engine rankings. Blogging, however, has several critical advantages for SEO.
- It allows you to explore a wider range of keywords.
- It gives you the ability to take advantage of current trends or discussions as you write posts about the latest events in your industry.
- It keeps your page fresh, letting search engines know that visitors will continue to find current, relevant information on your site.
When you maintain your blog and post to it regularly, you’ll quickly discover that it’s easier to bring visitors to your site and let them know everything you have to offer. Blogging for lead generation is a great way to increase your business’s online visibility, connect with your customers, and provide higher-level customer service than ever before.